News articles 2010
Following are links to news articles relevant to the push for a single public school
system in Ontario. Please contribute to the completeness of this page by sending us an email with the link to any relevant news you find.
For letters relevant to the issue, please visit our Letters page.
- Editorial, "Ontario's publicly-funded catholic school system unjust", CityCaucus.com, 2010-10-09.
- CBC News, "Rally calls for Ontario public schools merger", CBC News, 2010-09-13.
- Kim Mackrael, "Catholic schools defend their right to public funding with new brochures", Guelph Mercury, 2010-05-05.
- Pete McMartin, "The second coming of a column about faith-based schools", Vancouver Sun, 2010-05-04.
- Michael Polowin, "Time to ask politicians 'icky' questions", Ottawa Citizen, 2010-05-03.
- Robyn Urback, "Public dollars don't mix well with religious schools", MacLeans.ca On Campus, 2010-05-03.
- Jim Coyle, "Premier saw sex ed leading back to school funding debate", Toronto Star, 2010-04-30.
- Antonella Artuso, "Sex ed will be same for both school systems", Toronto Sun, 2010-04-28.
- Justin Trottier, "Ontario NDP leader dodges Catholic school debate", National Post, 2010-04-27.
- Ian Elliot, "Equality leader declares Catholic school system wasteful, should be ended", Sault Star, 2010-03-29.
- Ian Elliot, "Man decries Catholic school system as constitutionally unfair", Kingston Whig-Standard, 2010-03-29.
- Jim Coyle, "Sounds of silence can stifle independent minds", Toronto Star, 2010-03-15.
- Robert Benzie, "NDP divided over Mideast, schools", Toronto Star, 2010-03-11.
- Editorial, "Religion has no place in public schools", Niagara Falls Review, 2010-03-03.
- Monique Beech, "DSBN opens door to religious materials in schools", St. Catharines Standard, 2010-02-25.
- Moira MacDonald, "Dombrowsky is head of Ontario's class: MacDonald", Toronto Sun, 2010-02-24.
- Barry Kendall, "Call to scrap school funding", Bradford West Gwillimbury Times, 2010-01-28.
- Michelle Ruby, "Campaign will focus on creating single system", Brantford Expositor, 2010-01-15.
- Leonard Baak, Geraint Jones, "Full Day Kindergarten Could Be Funded From Savings From One School System", Marketwire, 2010-01-13.